This policy covers your business-owned vehicles for liability, physical damage, medical payments, and uninsured and underinsured motorists. Commercial auto insurance in Florida or Massachusetts can cover private passenger vehicles as well as industrial vehicles such as large trucks, buses, and trailers. This policy can also provide Non-owned Autos Coverage for auto accidents involving employees’ personal vehicles on your business’s property.
While the decision to purchase commercial vehicle insurance for some businesses is obvious, for others it’s more complicated. For example, even though an Avon representative may use her car to deliver products once a week, a personal insurance policy would still fit her needs. On the other hand, if you deliver pizzas on a regular or full time basis, your personal automobile insurance policy may not cover you if you are in an accident delivering that pizza.
- Are any of your vehicles used for pickup or delivery of goods, including supplies, materials, newspaper, pizza or other food items, or messenger services?
- Are any of your vehicles used for Uber, limousine, taxi service, or other “people delivery” services?
- Are any of your vehicles owned or leased by a partnership or corporation?
- Are any of your vehicles registered or titled to a business, corporation, partnership, or DBA (Doing Business As)?
- Do any employees or non-listed drivers use any of your vehicles on a regular or occasional basis?
- Are any of your vehicles leased or rented to others?
- Are any of your vehicles a pickup, van, or utility vehicle with a gross weight exceeding 10,000 pounds, or do any of your vehicles have a rated load capacity over 2,000 pounds?
- Are any of your vehicles equipped with snowplow equipment, cooking or catering equipment, bathrooms, altered suspensions, hydraulic lifts, or racing equipment?
- Do any of your vehicles have equipment installed such as ladder racks or permanent toolboxes that are used to support a business?
Even if you use your vehicle for personal things like supermarket runs, road trips, or nights out, as far as car insurance companies are concerned, it may be a commercial vehicle if you also use it for work purposes (other than commuting).
Here at Econosurance, we are knowledgeable about what businesses like yours need. When you purchase a commercial auto insurance policy in Florida or Massachusetts, we’ll help you choose exactly the right coverage for your business so you never have to make those important decisions alone. Contact us now to learn more. Call (800)335-0633 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.